EloView® Feature Release
- 1.16.22 for I-Series
- 1.15.1020 IDS Computer Module
The EloView product team is excited to announce a new update primarily to bring the large format line in sync with all features on the small format I-Series.
- Improved portal functionality and robustness in multiple areas, such as content uploads and downloads, groups and filters.
- Brought the large format line in sync with all features on the small format I-Series; for example, multiple app installations and certain enhancements to kiosk browser.
Detailed List of Features and Enhancements – EloView Portal
- You can now perform over-the-air updates on a filter.
- Deploying content when you have a large number of groups is easier as a result of implementing auto-scroll.
- You can now upload apps and media files up to 750 MB.
- Fixed an issue where, in some cases, the Advanced OTA dialog did not show the correct time of an update scheduled for the future.
Detailed List of Features and Enhancements – Devices
- [All Devices] You should now see faster downloads of apps and content to devices as a result of a Content Deployment Network (CDN) enhancement.
- [Large Format Displays] You can now install “app bundles” on the Android computer module for large format displays.
- [All Devices] You can now move the “X” overlay button (used in Settings screens or multi-app experiences to close a screen) to any corner of the screen. Press and hold the “X” button and drag it.
- [All Devices]Fixed an issue where, in some cases, devices incorrectly retained their previous group assignment and downloaded settings and apps that were no longer needed.
- [I-Series Android] Fixed an issue where, in some cases, the POS peripheral test application did not identify error codes for peripheral devices connected.
- [All Devices] Fixed an issue where, in some cases, online devices were shown offline in the portal.
- [All Devices] Fixed an issue where, in some cases, devices would not download an update when an update was triggered on a Group via Advanced OTA settings.
- [Large Format Displays] Fixed an issue where, in some cases, attract loop launched once, but did not launch after subsequent periods of inactivity.
- [I-Series Android] Using the display ON/OFF feature now completely turns off the panel rather than simply showing black screen – this will result in considerable power save over prior implementation.
Method of Distribution and Timing
- On March 30, version 1.16.22 and 1.15.1020 will become the default to update from the cloud or the device control panel. You can still use prior versions via Advanced OTA.
- As always, your devices will never prompt for an update or auto-update. Once the update is available, devices can be updated from the EloView Portal or at the device-level from the EloView Control Panel.
- Important Note - After the update, in some cases the device may require to re-download the content in order to verify it is running the correct version of your app or kiosk browser. If this does occur, please allow enough time based on file size and network connectivity – the application will resume after download is completed. If you have any questions, please contact EloView support prior to taking additional actions.
EloView Product Team