Elo OEMConfig Configurations
OEMConfig is an Android Enterprise standard that enables OEMs to make new features and configurations immediately available to customers. Available on the Google Play store, the Elo OEMConfig app provides a single interface for Android Enterprise Certified EMM and MDM tools to enable customers to manage updates and configuration changes to Elo Android devices after they are deployed in the field.
- Work managed Elo device(s) running Android 10+.
- A UEM or EMM system that supports OEMConfig compliant admin tools.
- Contact Elo Solution Architect or Support team for documentation on setting up and installing the OEMConfig application on to your device.
- The application is started at boot. It can also be triggered manually or by sending an application launch script from a UEM portal.
- The UI will indicate that it is checking device configuration settings.
- Configuration changes can be pushed from the MDM portal and should be triggered when received by the device.
It is recommended, not required, to reboot (soft reset) the device when new configuration(s) are added.
1. Elo OTA Download: Use this configuration to download and install any latest available OS update.
Device to check the latest available build version and proceed with system update automatically.
When OTA is in progress, 2 types of toast messages would appear on the device screen. Both messages provide percentage indication.
|Disabled||Default setting. No action performed. Configuration need to be applied as Disabled prior to performing the next OTA.|
2. Date and Time
Time zone: Use this configuration to update the time zone on the device (UTC offsets are positive east of UTC and negative west of UTC).
- Select an Olson/tz Time Zone identifier (i.e. "America/New_York") or Etc/GMT time from the drop-down menu. When left empty, device default time zone setting will be retained.
NTP setup: Use this configuration to override Android default NTP configuration. Device will and is required to be rebooted to apply changes.
NTP Server URL.
- Enter NTP server address.
NTP Sync Interval.
- Enter number of minutes between each NTP sync attempt. Minimum value should be set to 15 (minutes)
- NTP Server URL.
- Display 24-hour Time: Show time in 24-hour form, as opposed to locale default form.
|Disabled||Use the device default format.|
3. Network Configuration List: Use the fields under this setting to configure the network
|Active||Yes||Network will be processed for configuration.|
|No||Network will be ignored for configuration.|
|Type||Wi-Fi||For Wi-Fi configuration.|
|Lan||For Ethernet configuration|
|Name||Wi-Fi network name or SSID.|
|SSID Password||Password of Wi-Fi network.|
|Static IP||Blank for DHCP and IP for static configuration.|
|Gateway||Blank for DHCP and IP for static configuration.|
|DNS1||Blank for DHCP and IP for static configuration.|
|DNS2||Blank for DHCP and IP for static configuration.|
|SSID Proxy Host||Blank for no proxy and IP or URL for proxy server configuration.|
|SSID Proxy Port||Blank for no proxy and port number for proxy server configuration.|
|SSID Priority||1-6||Higher the number, heigher the priority. For single entry, use 6.|
|Disable Open Network Notification||Yes|
|Proxy Exclusion List||URL or IP to bypass from proxy server.|
|Avoid Poor Wi-Fi||Yes|
4. Wi-Fi DFS: Enable or disable Wi-Fi Dynamic Frequency Selections (DFS). DFS changes should be configured and applied separately from configuration changes.
|Enabled||Allow WLAN to coexist with radar system.|
|Disabled||Dynamic Frequency Selection function is disabled.|
5. Ethernet: Use this configuration to enable or disable Ethernet.
|Disabled||Ethernet is disabled.|
Display On: Use this configuration to turn on/off display.
Option Description Enabled Display stays awake. Disabled Display stays off.
Auto Idle mode: Use this configuration to turn on/off backlight after a specified time.
Option Description Enabled Backlight will turn off between 12am-6am local time automatically. Disabled Default setting. Backlight will not turn off.
Screen Density (DPI): Use this configuration to change the screen density of your device.
Option Description 240 Default setting. Set screen density to 240 MDPI. 160 Set screen density to 160 MDPI.
Screen Timout: Use this configuration to set screen timeout.
Option Description Never Screen stays awake 15 Seconds Backlight turns off after 15 seconds; after 1 minute of inactivity. 30 Seconds Backlight turns off after 30 seconds; after 1 minute of inactivity. 1 minute Backlight turns off after 1 minute; after 1 minute of inactivity. 2 minutes Backlight turns off after 2 minutes; after 1 minute of inactivity. 5 minutes Backlight turns off after 5 minutes; after 1 minute of inactivity. 10 minutes Backlight turns off after 10 minutes; after 1 minute of inactivity. 30 minutes Backlight turns off after 30 minutes; after 1 minute of inactivity.
Display Brightness: Set screen Brightness.
- Enter a value between 0 and 100.
7. Volume Level: Set Media volume.
- Enter a value between 0 and 100.
9. USB Ports Settings: Enable and disable a given USB port. Compatible with I-Series and Backpack 4.0 only.
- For I-Series 4.0, below image indicates the type and location of each USB port on the device:
- For Backpack 4.0, below image indicates the type and location of each USB port on the device:
Option can be selected from the drop-down menu.
Option Description Enabled Default setting. USB port would function normally. Disabled No data transfer nor power is available through USB port.
10. LED Status Light Kit: Enable or disable LED Status Light Kit.
|Enabled||Default setting. Turn on LED Status Light Kit remotely.|
|Disabled||Turn off LED Status Light Kit remotely.|
11. Device Button Management
Enable/disable Power button
Option Description Enabled Default setting.
- Display will be turn off when pressing Power button.
- Power options panel will appear when pressing and holding Power button.
Disabled No action performed when pressing and pressing/holding Power button.
Enable/disable Home button
Option Description Enabled Default setting. Device goes to Android desktop screen when pressing Home button. Disabled No action performed when pressing Home button.
12. Touch Through Mode: Use this configuration to enable/disable Touch Through mode for I-Series.
|Enabled||Default setting. Touch function will persist with a glass overlay (up to 6mm) or glove touch (2-touch).|
|Disabled||Touch function will not persist with a glass overlay (up to 6mm) or glove touch (2-touch).|
13. USB Power Deliver Mode: Set USB-C port power delivery. USB setting in Settings > Developer options need to be set to USB 2.0 +4lane DP.
|Low||7.5 W available.|
27 W available
14. Touch Sound: Use this configuration to enable and disable the touch sound.
|Enabled||Default Setting. Touch sound will be played when a button on the screen is pressed.|
|Disabled||No sounds will be played when any button the screen is pressed.|
15. Virtual Keyboard: Use this configuration to enable and disable the screen keyboard.
|Enabled||Virtual Keyboard will be displayed when data entry is in progress regardless of whether the device has an Active Physical Keyboard.|
|Disabled||Default Setting. Virtual Keyboard will not be shown.|
16. Key Remap: Use this configuration to remap the left and/or right trigger keys. Compatible with Handheld only. Contact Elo support for the configuration offered for key remapping.
- Remap Left Trigger Key
- Remap Right Trigger Key