Elo OEMConfig Feature Releases
Available on the Google Play store, the Elo OEMConfig app provides a single interface for Android Enterprise Certified EMM and MDM tools to enable customers to manage updates and configuration changes to Elo Android devices after they are deployed in the field. Below you can explore the features available as part of Elo each OEMConfig Play store release. Technical details can be viewed in OEMConfig Configurations.
- Added device wake-up key to quickly wake the device from idle state.
- Enable or disable left and right keys,
- Enable or disable barcode scanner.
- Toast message alerts devices of new configuration changes.
- App permission management for better security and user control.
- Enhanced connectivity support for multiple USB specifications, including DP, HS-USB, and SS-USB, for faster and more efficient data transfer.
- Restructured MDM interface to group settings for improved usability.
- Fixed an issue where the device would unexpectedly enter sleep mode.
- Resolved auto idle mode for improved performance.
- PIN screen lock now accepts valid characters.
- UI improvements for barcode scanner management controls in the portal.
- UI improvements for devices in Dark mode.
- Enhancements to the Bluetooth information messaging for MDMs.
- Bluetooth – Allows Bluetooth Enable or Disable.
- Enterprise Reset – Devices can be “Enterprise Reset” – which is a specialized form of factory reset without removing network configurations (and if applicable) EloView account relationships.
- Font Size – Allows configuration of Font Size.
- Location – Allows turning on or off Location Services on the device.
- Manual OTA Download – Allows OTA updates using specific OTA package URL.
- Screen Lock – Allows enabling or disabling Screen Lock, or selection of Screen Lock type.
- Smallest Display Width – Allows configuration of Display Size.
- Show Password – Allows showing or hiding password as it's being entered.
Below are the newly added features on Elo OEMConfig Version 1.0.7, available on the Google Play Store.
Technical details can be found in the OEMConfig configurations section.
- Elo OTA Download (for download of monthly security updates available with an OS 360 subscription)
Date and time
- Time zone.
- NTP Setup
- Display 24-hour Time. Show time in 24-hour form, as opposed to locale default form.
- Network Configuration List
- Wi-Fi DFS
- Display On. Turn on/off display.
- Auto Idle mode.
- Screen Density (DPI).
- Screen Timeout.
- Display Brightness.
- Volume Level. Set Media volume.
- Show/hide Android navigation bar.
- SB Ports Settings. Enable/disable a given USB port. For handheld only one port is available.
- LED Status Light Kit. Enable or disable LED Status Light Kit.
Device Button Management
- Enable/disable Power button
- Enable/disable Home button
- Touch Through Mode. Enable/disable Touch Through mode for I-Series
- USB Power Deliver Mode. Set USB-C port power delivery
- Touch Sound
- Virtual Keyboard
Key Remap (Handheld only)
- Left Trigger Key
- Right Trigger Key